Dear friends and readers, wishing you the very best over this Christmas season and as your prepare for the new year!
On our side, we have much to be thankful for in 2016, with a few highlights including: (I’ve added a collage of photos at the end of this post)
On a personal front,
- Ali & I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary (In Mauritius!)
- Amy & Abby both thriving at university, with Amy now in her final year!
- In 2016 I took 34 flights and travelled to 12 different nations – most for ministry, some for adventure!
- New nations visited this year: Albania, The Netherlands, The Vatican & Mauritius.
- Other nations revisited: Italy, 3x to Austria, 2x to France, Germany, Ukraine, Turkey, Ireland, South Africa. (+Nothern Ireland & 2x to Scotland)
- And of course, I had a few important (snow) board and (paddle)board meetings too…
And on a ministry front…
- Completing the writing and launching of the Follow Course parts 1,2 & 3, with over 300 people now having completed Follow One! #MakingDisciples!
- Launching The Follow Course for our churches in Dublin and Belfast, and to a group of professional rugby players in Paris!
- Moving into our new ministry base called “The Hub” – a huge OPEN step forwards for our Hammersmith congregation.
- Some awesome water baptisms!
- A few more amazing weddings!
- Some of our church friends and leaders stepping out in new business opportunities, book publishing and much more!
- Recording 2 TV series of 8 episodes each for broadcasting on TBN Uk and TBN Africa.
- Ali leading to bring the New Decisions Seminar to London – twice this year!
- So many powerful Every Nation events, including our Pastors Boot Camp in Ukraine, Europe Senior Pastors Couples Upgrade event in Salzburg our first Campus Leaders Boot Camp in Marseille, and of course our Every Nation World Conference in Cape Town, where I had the privilege of doing one of the keynote messages (Listen here)
Of course, like every social media post (!), I haven’t mentioned any of my personal, family or church challenges faced in 2016. Yes, there were a bunch of those, with much heartache, pain, disappointment and loss also included. But in all and through all God has continued to show Himself faithful, and like the Apostle Paul, I say that “I am confident of this, that God who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” I believe this for you too.
Here’s a collage of photos with some of our 2016 highlights.