Read this verse: “So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, AND KISSED HIM. Luke 15:20 (NLT) Read full story here.
God IS love. The Good News (Gospel) starts with with God, and specifically Gods love. If your gospel understanding starts with you, and even your sin, (or as we generally think, OTHER peoples sins!), it will inevitably lead to you trying to do something to earn the Father’s acceptance. However you share the Gospel, or understand it, please don’t forget this part:
- …God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. – 1 John 4v8b-9
- For God so loved the world that He gave… – John 3v16
- We love Him because He first loved us.- 1 John 4v19
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5v8
- But God—so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us, 5 Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favour and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation). – Ephesians 2:4-5 Amplified Bible
This is ridiculous, undeserved, amazing grace! Don’t be afraid of receiving it, nor of making it central to the Gospel you share with your world. This love doesn’t lead to a license to sin. This love changes us. This grace transforms. Once you’ve experienced the Father’s kiss, there’s no one else and nothing you’ll love more…