Join us at any of our Sunday services and Connect Groups from 13 Oct to Nov 17th for this series of messages and discussions on the evidence for the existence of God. We will cover the following 6 topics – do join us at any of our congregations on this journey of discovery & equipping:
- WEEK 1 – REAL FAITH ISN’T BLIND: Faith is evidence based and not a blind leap into the dark. We will talk about how faith and reason are inseparably linked. People come to God through reason…not against it. In fact we will show that the existence of reason points to the existence of God!
- WEEK 2 – GOOD AND EVIL ARE NO ILLUSIONS: If God exists, and He is good and all powerful, then why is there so much evil and suffering in the world? We will reason that the only viable explanation for good and evil is the existence of God. As Dr Broocks states in the book, “If there is no God, there is no such thing as evil. You can’t really explain the world that we live in without using the Biblical concepts of right and wrong…good and evil. The existence of evil is not evidence of God’s absence from the Universe, but evidence of His absence from our lives.”
- WEEK 3 – THERE WAS A BEGINNING: Scientists now know that the Universe had an absolute beginning of all matter and energy as well as space and time itself. Therefore the logical cause of our existence is a spaceless, timeless, eternal, uncaused intelligent Mind.
- WEEK 4 – LIFE IS NO ACCIDENT: The complexity of living things, especially demonstrated in the recent unlocking of the human genome, points to design and purpose. Atheism claims we were created by nothing for no purpose. Theism states just the opposite—we were created by God for a purpose!
- WEEK 5 – JESUS & THE RESURRECTION: Liar, Lunatic, or Lord? The historical witness will provide for us first hand evidence for His existence—the life, the death, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- WEEK 6 – LIVING PROOF: We will look at the fantastic evidence of the impact of the grace of God on the world, as well as the lives of people. We will “Imagine” with John Lennon what the world would look like without God and His grace, and see if it’s the type of world anyone would want to live in!