I watched Jason Bourne discover his identity in the movie “Bourne Ultimatum” today. I have followed his search for his identy through “Bourne identity” and “Bourne Supremacy,” and it all ended when the newreader says: “After three days of searching the river, the body of Jason Bourne has not yet been found…” – of course he is alive, and maybe the next movie could be titled “Bourne Again” with him coming “up out of the water” in the opening scene…
Anyway here are a few”Boune Again” truths worth considering in our own Born Again adventure:
- Knowing who you are is quite important detail in life… (I am one loved by God. Full stop – how do you complete the sentence: “I am ……..)
- Even if you dont know who you really are, your enemy does…(and he has a plan to kill, steal & destroy you)
- Be careful about who you commit to and what you sign up to in life…a lot of things seriously mess with your mind and identity…(do not be unequally yoked)
- If you get involved relationally with someone of the opposite sex who does not know who they really are…be afraid, be very afraid…it could get you into a big mess – or even killed…(See my DateTalk series session titled “I’ll have a whole one please”)
- Once you know who you are, you should end up in the water (be baptised, all of you…see my previous blog)
One thing I just dont get which they should have added to his training: Why doesnt he at least wear a hat sometimes to disguise himself? (Like many of us Christians do…)
PS – can you add to this list of “Bourne Again” truths? Leave a reply. Be your Born Again you today.
3 thoughts on “Bourne again, and again, and again…”
Truth # 6: Buy Pastor Wolfi’s DateTalk series on DVD!
Truth # 7: Seriously, buy it now!
Truth # 8: Have I mentioned Pastor Wolfi has taught this awesome series called DateTalk?
Hahaha! I gotta hand it to you! I thought the Bourne Ultimatum would have been a bit of a stretch for a DateTalk plug, but you did a great job, as always. Seriously, though, some very liberating truths on your list. Thanks for sharing!
“Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” (1Peter 5:8 NIV)
#9 As Christians we ought to stand not in a defensive stance; but, knowing our ability in Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5), to take on the offensive position of advancing God’s kingdom and protecting all that He’s given us – freedom, family, and faith.
The key to the sustaining life of being “bourne” again is discipleship. As Pastor Manny Carlos quotes, “Rules without relationship lead to rebellion.” Discipleship is where we are transformed through the renewing of our minds as we are able to grasp, to the extent of our finite minds, the height, length and depth of Jesus’ love for us. It empowers us to go the ends of the earth to share the good news!
We enjoyed you here in Manila, Pastor Wolfi. 🙂