This past weekend Al & I were privileged to visit our Every Nation church plant in Gent, Belgium. Our leaders Trevor & Yvette Botha are doing a brilliant job and a flourishing church is being established with already around 120 adults attending every Sunday. We heard stories from many people how their lives have been impacted, and there is a real sense that God is doing something unique in this strategic city. Thank you to all who support our churches and work in Europe – this is some of the Kingdom fruit of the mission we are on together! Here are a few photo’s from Gent, and below that a 1.5 minute video chat with Trevor…
Tags: Every Nation, church, belgium, gent, plant, ghent
Tags: belgium, church, europe, Every Nation, gent, plant, planting
Please see here for this post
Tags: church, london
This is the APRIL Update emailed out to our Hammersmith congregation this week. For other congregation calendars see here.
HAMMERSMITH CONGREGATION APRIL UPDATE
Spring is (nearly) in the air, and we have many reasons to be encouraged by much of what’s happening in church life. I do trust that you too will personally experience God’s love and life in this season in a fresh new way.
We had a truly super Super Sunday with all our congregations together.
We prayed over our new Belfast church plant leaders, and to date we have raised over £3,000 for the A21 campaign! We also sent out our Marseille mission team who are there this week and we are hearing some great reports from them. On the local front, the mum’s & daughters tea party was also a huge success with over 50 moms attending in a local community hall. We are also hearing some very encouraging testimonies from our Connect Groups (There’s one for you too!)
Coming up in April:
SUNDAYS: This Sunday we launch a 4 week preaching series called “Re-DIGGing the wells”– which follows the Super Sunday message (Watch here if you missed it) on the 4 areas we believe are critical for us to guard in order to experience the fullness of God in this season. Don’t come expecting the ordinary this week!
- Sun 6 – Boat Race Barbeque, 4.30pm – details announced this Sunday.
- Mon 7 – “Dynamic Discipleship” teaching night – a great opportunity to get a full dose on discipleship in one evening!
- Wed 9 – Prayer Evening for the A21 Campaign, 7pm at the office
- Sat 12 – We present an Easter Community event in Normand Park. 2-4pm
- Fri 18 – Churches Together Easter Friday outreach service in Kings Mall, meet 11am at St Paul’s Hammersmith.
- Sat 26 – ENjoy social hike! Details here.
- Sat 26 – Part 2 of the Marriage Preparation Course (11 couples attending!)
- Mon 28 – Bible Teaching Nights start with “Jesus in Genesis” – definitely a must-do subject! All welcome.
And coming up in May:
- Sun 4 – Special guest speaker, pastor Russ Austin
- Fri 9- Sun 11 – Belfast Church Plant Prayer mission
- Sat 17 – “The Gift of Prophecy” seminar & ministry, by pastor Jim Critcher, 09.30 – 12.30
- 20-23 – Europe Leadership Summit, Krakow. Details here
Finally, a reminder of the WHY we do what we do, from the Super Sunday message:
“We make disciples and we make a difference because we have a vision to change the world to the glory of Jesus, because we believe that only changed people will change their world. On campus, in community, and in the nations through church planting.”
Thank you for sharing this God-adventure with us through your prayers, involvement and generous giving. Again I pray that you would Re-DIGG any wells that the enemy has closed up in your life, and that you would experience more of the fullness of all that is yours in Christ in this next season.
Rich blessings, Wolfi, Ali & the gang and Every Nation
Tags: God, gospel, grace, heaven, kiss, love
Read this verse: “So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, AND KISSED HIM. Luke 15:20 (NLT) Read full story here.
God IS love. The Good News (Gospel) starts with with God, and specifically Gods love. If your gospel understanding starts with you, and even your sin, (or as we generally think, OTHER peoples sins!), it will inevitably lead to you trying to do something to earn the Father’s acceptance. However you share the Gospel, or understand it, please don’t forget this part:
- …God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. - 1 John 4v8b-9
- For God so loved the world that He gave… – John 3v16
- We love Him because He first loved us.- 1 John 4v19
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5v8
- But God—so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us, 5 Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favour and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ’s salvation). – Ephesians 2:4-5 Amplified Bible
This is ridiculous, undeserved, amazing grace! Don’t be afraid of receiving it, nor of making it central to the Gospel you share with your world. This love doesn’t lead to a license to sin. This love changes us. This grace transforms. Once you’ve experienced the Father’s kiss, there’s no one else and nothing you’ll love more…
Tags: church, discipleship, Every Nation, Every Nation London, holy, super sunday
This past Sunday our four congregations gathered together for our 6 monthly “Super Sunday” – an opportunity to celebrate God’s goodness to us and worship Jesus together as one church. Its also a time for focussing us on what God is emphasising to us as one church, and our theme this time was “Re-digging the wells.” (See message on video below).
In the service we also took the opportunity to pray for our new Belfast church plant leaders Johann & Andrea Visage, and over our mission team heading to Marseille next week to serve our EN church plant there. We love being a “Sending & going” church!
AND, we raised well over £2,500 for the A21 campaign against sex trafficking! Thank you to all who set it up and gave!
Here’s the “Re-DIGGing the Wells” message on YouTube:
Tags: church, church plant, france, marseille, mission
Ali & I have just spent a couple of days in Marseille connecting with our hero church planters Matt & Christy Rasch and the first-fruits of the church getting going there. This Sunday at SUPER SUNDAY in London we will pray for and send off a mission team from London that will serve here for 9 days at the end of March. I love leading and being part of a church-planting-mission-sending-church!
Tags: A21 Campaign, church, Every Nation, london, sunday, super sunday
SUPER SUNDAYS are where our congregations come together as one church to celebrate all God is doing and to get focussed and inspired for what lies ahead. Our theme for this SS is “re-digging the wells” and we are super expectant that this will be a significant momentum building Sunday for all our congregations and members across London.
Time & Venue: 10.30 – 12.30 in our Hammersmith service venue – but come early for a good seat!
Church Planting & Missions: At this service we will also be praying for and sending out our new Belfast church planters, and our Marseille mission team.
Note: A special offering for the A21 Campaign will be taken on that day as we support the vital work against human sex trafficking, and we will be serving “Savoury & Sweet Treats” after the service in aid of this campaign.
There will also be special separate mixers for students and youth to connect across the congregations afterwards (with food!)
Here’s the invite video for Super Sunday & the A21 campaign: